Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 23:11:19 +0200
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        Nicholas Bernstein <nick@docmagic.com>
Subject:   Re: Errata emails

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 02:04:27PM -0700, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
>I'm mainly interested in patch management. When a patch to a
>vulnerability is announced for freebsd I'd like to know about it, so I
>can update my systems.

Hi Nicholas,

In that case it is sufficient for you to subscribe to the freebsd-security-=
notifications lists.
However, if you want to be updated on more then just the security-notificat=
ions, you can choose to subscribe to the freebsd-announce list. This lists =
_includes_ the security-notifications, but also broadcasts more:

"This is the mailing list for people interested only in occasional announce=
ments of significant freebsd events. This includes announcements about snap=
shots and other releases. It contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabili=
ties. It may contain calls for volunteers etc. This is a low volume list."

Hope it helps,
 Stephan

--=20
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
"If you are adminstering UNIX systems and don't master tools
such as make, shell, and perl, then you are working too hard."
  -- Wietse Venema. Fri, 12 Dec 2003