Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:46:31 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Patrick M Doane <patrick@watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25816: Updated lang/ocaml port for version 3.01

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 05:30:35PM -0500, Patrick M Doane wrote:
> Certainly,
>
> Here is a unified diff of the changes from 3.00 to 3.01.
>
> If diffs are the preferred method for receiving updates to ports, I didn't
> see that in the Porter's Handbook. A reference in section 2.6 Submitting
> the Port would be a sensible place for some more specific instructions.

Actually, it is in the Porter's Handbook - the third paragraph
of Chapter 14, "Upgrading", begins with the words..

   If the maintainer asks you to do the upgrade or there is not any such
   person to begin with, please make the upgrade and send the recursive
   diff (either unified or context diff is fine, but port committers
   appear to prefer unified diff more) of the new and old ports
   directories to us [...]

G'luck,
Peter

--
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.