Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:06:00 -0400
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Off-Topic: question about usb-hub power

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know which chip used in your D-Link hub Uffe, but I believe
> this one made with respect of standard.
>
> Uffe, can You do simple test with your device:
> 1. connect your device to active PC and check if it charging.
> 2. put your PC in StandBy or PowerOff mode(don't remove power cord),
> reattach your device and also check if device still charging.
>
> In both cases most devices will continue charging, but some "smart"
> device in second case disable charging. (my Sony PRS-600)
>
> I was trying to charge my PRS with power supply with USB connector, and
> reader don't start charging. So charging can start only after some
> interaction between USB host and device.

> WBW
> --
> Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>

There is another kind of devices which it is very likely that some of them
can be found in any local computer store :

USB AC Chargers :

A few sample pages would be :

http://jingshuo888.en.made-in-china.com/product/doLQBGEUHIWS/China-2-Port-USB-AC-Charger-JS-ACN037-.html

http://www.eforcity.com/universal-usb-travel-charger-adaptor-dothusbtcad1.html