Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:27:00 +0000
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        grog@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bad vinum html page

Tom Rhodes wrote:
> I've been meaning to switch generation from HTML to XHTML, but perhaps
> that needs review by the doceng entity...  This may be better from
> a 'technological' point of view, but may hurt older browsers like
> Netscape 4*.

Thats a good thing; we should switch to XHTML ASAP.  IMHO, it is
more important to be standard compliant, then to be kind to
"older browsers".  IIRC, Netscape 4 does not support HTML 4.0x
correctly anyway -- No Offense.  Mind you, I do respect the point
that not everyone has up-to-scratch machines to support something
as heavy as Netscape 7.0. :-)

If possible, the XHTML version of the site should be made, and
then analyse user review.  I did this for the version of FreeBSD
UKUG site -- http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/ukug.

As I am not the one doing work on this, I cannot demand, or say
anything more than this. :^)

Cheers.

--
Hiten