Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 2023 03:03:02 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Is the ZPOOL option broken in poudriere?

I think I figured this out.

The ZPOOL variable was changed several times in the past.

Poudriere operates by creating ZFS datasets.

These datasets are mounted at different points under
/usr/local/poudriere, and such mounts are persistent, and re-created
during ZFS initialization.

When ZPOOL is changed, the old datasets become invalid and should be
removed.

The question is: who should remove them? The current answer appears to
be: nobody removes them.

poudriere just reuses the invalid datasets that are mounted on the ZFS
pools that aren't currently configured to use poudriere.

So I think that some sort of confusion related to the invalid datasets
caused the original issue for me.

The problem is gone once I deleted all poudriere-related datasets by hand.

Yuri