Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:49:26 +0200
From:      Pecsenyanszky Istvan <pecseny@inf.bme.hu>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   quota

Hi,

we have a 2.2.6-RELEASE FreeBSD box, with a large file system mounted as
/home with user quotas. The problem is that the quota informations are
incorrect in some cases. If I try quotacheck the file system, I get the
following error message (in 5 hours):

quotacheck: /home/quota.user: seek failed: File too large
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
        /dev/rsd0s1e (/home)

I tried to move quota.user to quota.user.old, fsck /home and then
quotacheck again, but it didn't help, I got the same error.

The size of this fs is 35GB, and there is approx. 67000 different UIDs
between 10000 and 77088.

Any help is appreciated.

Istvan