Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:53:29 -0400
From:      Gary Schrock <gschrock@ameritech.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, Conrad Juleff <conradj@is.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named dies after being up for a little while in 3.2-stable?

At 05:17 PM 6/29/99 +0930, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Conrad Juleff wrote:
>
> > You don't say what version of bind you are running but it looks like
> 8.2. If
> > so you need to install patch1 to fix this problem. Get it from
> > ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/src/8.2/
>
>Or upgrade to 8.2.1

Duh, guess that's one thing I should have thought of to put in.  Here's the
syslog output on the version:
Jun 28 16:35:18 eyelab named[121]: starting.  named 8.1.2 Thu Apr 29
18:37:50 EDT 1999  gary@eyelab.msu.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/named

This is the named that's built and installed when doing a make world, I
haven't tried installing a more recent version (silly me figured the one in
the base system should actually work).  The version number is the same as
the one that was running on the machine before I made world with 3.2-stable:
Apr 30 14:29:47 eyelab named[121]: starting.  named 8.1.2 Thu Apr 29
18:37:50 EDT 1999  gary@eyelab.msu.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/named

(That would be from the last time I made world, no problems during the 2
months it was running after that).

Guess I'll have to dig through the cvs archives and see if anything was
changed during those two months.