Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 05:47:42 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just Imagine..

The other day, I was thinking about how big companies like IBM,
have extended and embraced Linux.  Now, most of you will
probably shudder and shake your heads at the next thought but I
also wondered what things would be like if Microsoft suddenly tried
to do the same thing for the BSD community.  I wonder if there's a
remote
possibility that something like that could happen.  I also wonder what
the
reaction of the BSD community would be like.  Would M$ be welcomed or
would they get the door slammed in their face.

In a way, hasn't Apple done the same thing  by integrating the BSD
kernel
into the new Mac OS X?

I guess the main question is, would the BSD community benefit from big
corporate
backing?  If so or not, why?

Joe

--