Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:58:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN

> > (this is also why the phone comapnies are
> > puching ISDN so hard, even though Frame Relay scales better to 128k
> > or higher data rates).
>
> Obviously you don't live in US West or GTE territory.  GTE is starting
> to come around, but getting ISDN in US West is still, apparently, quite
> a battle.

Au contraire!  I live in the heart of US West territory; in fact,
I live in a prefix not serviced by the one 5ESS in 10,000 square
miles.

Otherwise, I'd be able to get Centrix to work and use DOVBS ISDN
to give me 64k for about $18/month.

FWIW: I *can* get Frame Relay, thought it isn't pushed very hard in
this area.  It's just that the cheapest provider wants $220/month
to connect me to their cloud (and US WEst wants $300/month for
the exact same service).

Just because you can't get it doesn't mean they don't want you to
use it.  Getting the FR information was worse than pulling teeth;
they actually suggested I pay inter-LADA charges for ISDN before I
got them to admit they had FR.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---