Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 1995 15:27:11 +0000
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hack Request #1: Doom Seed

		Hack Request #1: Doom Seed

date: april 6, 1995

I keep getting deviated into other areas so I decided to try a small
experiment. The end goal is to develop a Doom Clone.
So for starters, there is a bit of a warm up period as I would call it.

There is no 3D engine yet just bits and pieces of information.

I copied all the relevant source code to ftp.best.com:/pub/hasty/3d

Here is what I have:

bsp Tree FAQ:
This html page was created due to the overwelming requests for BSP
related code for doom like algorithms in comp.graphics.algorithms.

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/bspfaq/

Bsp code based for linux
	bsp4linx.zip

A linux port which uses svgalib of deu, a popular node builder for DOOM.
What we need to do is to make deu51211 into an X based program.
I once ported svgalib so if the first pass thru of converting
deu5211 to use X proves to be too difficult I will re-port svgalib again.

	deu521linux.src.tgz

Computer Graphics Principles (Foley, Van Damme ) code for algorithms
in their book:
the code in sphigs implements bsp and it may be a fun way to start
building the doom clone. the example program SPHDEMO demonstrates
the use of the bsp code as well as  other rendering techniques.
sphigs does not have texture mapping so as soon as I locate the
3d texturing mapping stuff I will add it to the this document.

	sphigs.tar.gz
	srgp.tar.gz

I don't have a DOOM html reference handy but it should not be too hard to
locate .

	So,  is this a cool net project :)
	Amancio