Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 13:07:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        eraugust@hac2arpa.hac.com (Eric R. Augustine)
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Future Domain SCSI

As Eric R. Augustine wrote:

> scsi card.  The card is a "Future Domain TMC-850MER v04" and the CDROM
> reader is a "Chinon CDS-525" which is supposed to support the iso9660

Btw, iso9660 is the logical disk format, the drive has no deal with
it, it will simply pass the raw data to the kernel.

> standard.  We attempted installing the package here at work from the
> cd using the same card and drive on a Compaq 486/66 with the same results.
> The devices available in the kernel don't seem to include the FutureDomain
> card - however the installation docs do suggest that family of cards is
> supported in FreeBSD2.0.

It should be supported by the `sea' driver.  Try booting with the `-c'
option and see if you can make either sea0 or sea1 match the hardware
settings of the controller.  (sea == Seagate, compatible to Seagate
ST-01 dumb controllers)

Well, i'm not sure if the ST-01 class controllers will support all
SCSI devices.  They are primarily intented to be a cheap hook for a
SCSI to DOS C: and D: hard disk mapping.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/