Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:01:45 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        so@server.i-clue.de
Cc:        so@server.ms-agentur.de, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stable does not boot after make buildworld, ...  Was: HEADS UP!  Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make yerkernels

Christoph Sold wrote:

> IMHO, when big changes like aout-elf, or, recently, new tool chain tools
> make changes to the build process unavoidable, /prominent/ hints for
> stupid stable-only-readers like me should be placed everywhere*) -- in
> case of aout->elf, I was warned, so that went through. This time I
> plainly missed the warnings.

<rant>
This situation has been mishandled from the very beginning. People did
the changes to current, where people are expected to be able to handle
such things, and never really went back to make the situation acceptable
for -stable users when -current became 4.x-stable.

I warned, but people don't heed warnings, they heed patches. <shrug>
</rant>

Sorry this caused you trouble. The instructions ought to be corrected,
IMHO.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com