Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:28:55 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla - stop accepting input after switched from another task

This has been my problem for almost one year, and this is the first time I
post message about it.

Mozilla sometimes begin to ignore all keyboard input after swiched from
another task, say, gedit or terminal. It ignores keystrokes at all, say
Ctrl+W and Ctrl+Q all ignored, restart mozilla works. When this happen, all
mozilla apps (mail/addressbook etc) does not accept input. Mouse click is
okay. This happens more frequently when you turned XIM server (Chinese
input server in my case) on, but it happens as well even if you don't have
XIM server running.

At first I was using FreeBSD 4.8/mozilla 1.2 (I don't remember clear) on my
Thinkpad R30 notebook, this problem exists. Later I have FreeBSD
4.9/mozilla 1.4 I still have the problems. In this way I thought it can be
a frequent/well known problem, so I just use epiphany and hope it will be
corrected next version. Now I'm using FreeBSD 5.1/mozilla 1.5 on my
Thinkpad T40, I still have the problems. Sometimes I need to save/restart
mozilla mail several times to finish a email. Today I think I had it enough
so I write this message, trying to figure out what went wrong.

I compile mozilla from the ports, with gtk2. Do anyone have the same
problem? Do you think I should report this as a bug to mozilla.org? What
should I try to do to workaround the problem?

And, I wish I can try 1.6, only I don't know when will 1.6 port come out.

This problem has annoyed me so much. If you can give me a hint or just
bring me to the webpage I should visite I'll be very graceful. Thank you.