Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 1995 00:16:30 -0600
From:      Terry Lee <terry@uivlsi.csl.uiuc.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Faster tape throughput

>>         I've been experimenting with "buffer"; it is similar to "dd" but
>> enables my wt tape drive to actually stream.  There is also "ddd", though I
>> haven't tested it on FreeBSD yet.
>Then there is `team' by Piercarlo Grandi (see Vol 27, Issue
>195, comp.source.unix), which relies Unix V7 features only
>(and hence runs on pretty much every Unix system).  A `team'
>Bakul

	Thanks, Bakul!  I just tried "team", and its works great!  During my
informal test on our SPARCstation 10/30, team kept the tape streaming better
than both buffer and ddd.  If we can get team on the cpio.flp floppy, that
would be great!  Boy could I have used this back when I was running Bell Tech.
SVR3! :-)

					Terry Lee
					terry@uivlsi.csl.uiuc.edu