Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2001 08:28:51 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        raviprasad20@netscape.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rtmsg_input function of rtadvd daemon

> My understanding of this function is like this.
>  This function will receive input only when

> c) when a new address is formed from the prefix through the prefix received through router advertisement.

On FreeBSD 4.x, these kind of routes are not passed to the user space.

> Kindly mail me if my understanding is correct.
> If the the rtmsg_input() function receives messages through the routing socket in any other case kindly mail me.

d) interface routes corresponding to an interface address installed
   via the ifconfig(8) command.
e) redirected route generated via a Neighbor Discovery Redirect
   message.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.