Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 01:04:10 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fix for symlinks in /tmp (fwd) FYI

> Sender: Bugtraq List <BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG>
> From: Andrew Tridgell <tridge@arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au>
> Subject:      fix for symlinks in /tmp
> To: Multiple recipients of list BUGTRAQ <BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG>

[...]

> 1) the t bit is set on the directory containing the symlink
> and
> 2) the euid of the process does not match the owner of the symlink.

This is not really applicable for 4.4BSD derived system as symlinks have no
real owner except the directory's one (I'm still thinking that it is not
good...).

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #25: Tue Oct 15 21:13:57 MET DST 1996