Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:09:36 -0500
From:      Susie Ward <webmaster@web-trends.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   It finally works!!!

I wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone on this list that offered me
help with my dialup problems.

I finally decided to go to Best Buy (my only almost local choice to buy
computer stuff, and that's 70 miles! Yeah, I live in da boonies<g>) and try
a different modem and see what happened since nothing else seemed to help.
I got a Zoom 33.6 modem and came home, switched the modems, set it with
ATS0=1 and tried to log on, worked like a CHARM! First try, no problems,
connected right up at 51600. So that pretty much proves to me that it WAS
the Sportsters all this time and not my configuration (and yeah, I know
sportsters work for some people great, but 50 init strings later, I hate
them regardless). That's distressing considering the hell I've been thru
this whole week, anyway it does work now. The guy I bought the modems from
"thinks" he may be able to take them back since it's only been like two
weeks or so, they have a 30 day return policy <crossing fingers>

I've had at least 10 different people successfully logon several times each
and the Zoom has only failed once! That was with someone on a 14.4, so I'm
not sure, probably need to adjust something somewhere. Does anyone use
Zoom's? Is there anything special they need in the init? I'm gonna search
around, see what I can find out :)

Susie - Excited about her (for now) one line ISP :D