Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 05:54:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Leonard  <root@myplace.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed install

Howdy,

Attempted to install 2.2.2 via ftp - my service fails if someone in
the next county sneezes. Needless to say someone sneezed. Screen was
at 45% of susbin (I think - I was blue in the face at the time) when
the event occured. I was installing X-Developer.

I was able to logon to the system using kernel.GENERIC. My question is
how safe is the system to use for daily standalone use? Do I need to
go through the whole thing again, or can I safely run the machine and
just add the components I need?

Thanks in advance

Keith
kleon@bellsouth.net
Webmaster  -  http://www.rexart.com  - Rex Artist Supplies
Anyone who hates Dogs and Kids Can't be All Bad.
		-- W. C. Fields