Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 19:30:42 -0400
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
To:        Andree Jacobson <andree@sm.luth.se>
Cc:        Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get AWE64 ISA PnP working?

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 01:22:21PM +0200, Andree Jacobson wrote:
> I have the exact same card and it's working just fine... Try adding the
> following to your kernel:
>
> controller      pnp0
> device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

This is bad advice, as the feature that makes an AWE an AWE (wavetable
synthesis) is not supported by the pcm device at all.

To the original poster:

I have an AWE64GOLD that works perfectly, in a configuration similar to
yours.  You may have another device that conflicts with the AWE, or the
IRQ/DMA setup you specified in your kernel.conf may not match what your
PnP BIOS is actually assigning your card.  You need to post _complete_,
unabridged dmesg output, and preferably, also the output from the
'pnpinfo' command, if you want us to be able to puzzle out the source
of your problems...