Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:54:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Digital Cameras

Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org> wrote in list.freebsd-hardware:
 > > > Now what I would like to know is if anyone has any experience with
 > > > Digital Cameras in FreeBSD that could give me some feed back on which
 > > > brands and models are known to work well with FreeBSD.
 > >
 > > 	I purchased a Kodak DC280.  It takes excellent pictures (with
 > > great resolution)  I've never tried to connect to it using the cable.  I
 >
 > I have a DC240 which works beautifully with GNOME gphoto-0.4.0 on my Linux
 > [...]
 > /usr/ports/graphics/gphoto should solve the problem.  I do recommend the
 > Kodak models for both quality and "thanks Kodak for making a product that
 > isn't OS-limited" value....  (gphoto also has a command-line interface
 > which is helpful at times.)

Just forget gphoto, it's dead slow.  :-)

Have a look at http://www.fromme.com/ophoto/  which is a tool
for FreeBSD to access the Kodak DC240 and DC280 via the USB
interface.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)