Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:05:20 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conspiracy Theories (Was: Re: The future of the bt848 driver? (FW: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail) )

>	Since I've started using FreeBSD, and been a member of these
>lists, the names that stick out, some possibly erroneously associated:
>
>	Jordan: head honcho/businessman/hacker/jack of all trades
>	Amancio: Multimedia guru
>	John Dyson: VM god
>	You: Networking

>	Who *is* on core?  What do they bring to the project to earn them
>that 'status'? Is there somewhere where this is clearly posted?

You can see the list of the core team in the handbook.

They bring overall political and architectural steeing to the project.

We have earned the status by having earned it in the eyes of the core
team that invited us to join.

Amancio was asked not to let his personal differences with sos get
in front of his role as maintainer, got pissed off by this and left.

The only reason he ever got commit bit was to maintain that very
driver, since he has stomped away, his bit gets cleared.

John Dyson went out a tangent and lost all contact with the core
team, some will even say he went "balistic", in either case, he
attained escape velocity, and that is the end of that story.

As we say in Denmark: "If you don't like the smell in the bakery,
you'd better leave".   Nate (finally) did that, helped a little on
the way to make sure he didn't take the wrong door, and now he likes
to shout obsenities in through the window every now and then.

I'm sorry guys, there is so much code to hack out there so can we
please stop this "promise keepers convention" and get on with the real
things in life.

At the very least, please leave my name out of the CC list, I have
more important things to do than to read/delete this silly thread.

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal