Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:00:23 +1000
From:      "Leigh V" <leighv@roq.com>
To:        "Kenneth P. Stox" <stox@imagescape.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Rackspace-like provider for FreeBSD?

Well maybe its not that its to insecure maybe they just couldn't work out
how to patch or use CVSup for the source tree, which doesn't really
surprised me, while all the main Linux dists have single command automagic
live internet updates such as debian,redhat and mandrake, FreeBSD is still
stuck with source patches.
I personally don't find it very convienient either and as I get less and
less time for these things I am now tempted after all these years with
FreeBSD to go to a Linux dist just for that, I will miss ports tho if I do.
But I have been looking at methods such as a single patch machine and a
system wide rsync with sshkeys, but all my machines are out of version sync.
Rackspace are a kind of a bad deal anyway.
Just go to rackshack and pretend the new linux machine is FreeBSD :)