Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:48:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Subject:   Re: tcp template removal / scalability patch

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Bosko Milekic wrote:

> > I've attached two patches; one for current, and one for stable.  Please
> > review / test, _especially_ if you're using IPv6 or IPSec - while those
> > cases look correct, I'm not running either and haven't tested them.
>
> 	I've spotted some patch-related (not conceptual) things worth
> mentionning, so I'll do that now and give you the conceptual review a little
> later, hopefully before I leave.

Ok, I'll go through and check out all the spacing issues you raised.  This
would be easier if jesper MFCs the removal of TCP_COMPAT_42, which causes
the differences between -stable and -current. :)

Looking back, I should change the keepalive case so that it never needs
the tcp template; this will require simple mods to tcp_respond.  I'll
change this and make a new patch soon.

> 	Perhaps this should be an INVARIANTS-enabled KASSERT()? Is this
> something that can only happen due to programming error? It seems to me like
> it's the case here (assuming we're not dealing with a huge-assed memory
> corruption).

Actually, I should just change t_template to unused and avoid the issue
altogether.  You're right, only a programming error would fill that field
now.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack