Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 11:37:35 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtusertable weirdness

On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 12:42:33PM +0100, Manar Hussain wrote:
> At 00:21 16/05/98 -0400, Mark Mayo wrote:
> >Hi all.. I'm having an odd problem with the virtuser feature in
> >sendmail.. Hoping someone has run into the same problem.
> >
> >Basically, it don't work. :)

Well, turns out it was supid pilot error.. The Parse1 ruleset which handles
the virtuser stuff was commented out down in my sendmail.cf file.. :-)

The Kvirtuser hash -o works like a charm now.

> Can't help with this in sendmail but I can say that we've found all our
> mailserver tweeking a LOT easier and quicker since moving to Exim
> (www.exim.org). Having a file that lists the numebr of additional domains
> and then an extra alias file per domain is about 10 lines in the config
> file. Exim's a pretty easy drop in replacment for sendmail and focuses on
> ease of use ... you might also look at qmail which focuses more on security
> and performance (though exim is much better than sendmail on this too).

Yes, I've hear good things about exim and qmail, but I'm waiting for vmailer
to mature a bit before evaluating sendmail replacements.. Sendmail really
isn't that bad once you commit a bit of time to learning it, and after
you know sendmail, you've got once heck of a flexible MTA!

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code