Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:40:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: Re: conf/963: Using the whole disk can end unbootable

The following reply was made to PR conf/963; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To: joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:27:14 -0800

 * Again: submit a better warning text, please, or i'll close the PR
 * since i fail to see how to `fix' the problem.

 Warning text isn't needed.  Just don't ask me which boot selector to
 use.  I didn't go seek it out.  I wouldn't have specified if it hadn't
 of asked.  (I did a "commit" to start the process going, so perhaps if
 I had written the partition information first it wouldn't have asked,
 but I still think there is a bug in there.)

 I would have been happy to use the whole disk, I just need it to boot!

 Actually, the system this disk ended up on has 3 2GB disks with nothing
 but FreeBSD partitions on them.

 * It also warns that it eats up the disk ``from the very first sector''.

 Or at this point, is should say "precluding any possible boot selector
 (not that you would need one anyway)"

 -Dave