Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:46:33 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Radeev Alexandr A." <sansan@aval.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6

--Ucgz5Oc/kKURWzXs

Radeev Alexandr A. wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I've installed FreeBSD 4.0 and I intended to do some Ipsec
> testing ; I've read the 8.9 of FreeBSD handbook and as far as I've
> understood, the basis to define a security policy should begin with the
> setkey command.
> However I cannot run setkey : whatever options I use, I get the
> following error message :
>     pfkey_open: Protocol not supported
>     setkey: Protocol not supported

Perhaps you need 'options IPSEC' in your kernel, though I couldn't be
sure as I've never used IPSEC myself.  If you don't have that option in
your kernel, you'll have to add it and recompile it (see the handbook
for more on this).

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--Ucgz5Oc/kKURWzXs