Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Joseph I. Davida" <jd@adsl-67-112-121-55.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: 4.5-RELEASE

After I did a full install of 4.5-RELEASE I proceeded
to build a kernel for my config file. After config
and make depend, make was either exiting on signal 11
to cc1 or the machine was panicking. I replaced my
memory dimms, to no avail. I was not getting any
hard disk errors. I repeated the install hoping that
perhaps the initial  install was faulty. No change.
Machine still panic'ed during build.
I got the same panics when I tried to build another
large package (the XFree86 3.3.6 in ports).
After a few more tries, I finally found a friend
with 4.5-20020312-STABLE sources. I did a full install
of that, and the build no longer panics the machine.

Joe