Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 05:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a place to chat about FreeBSD?

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know of a little chat network that I've set up.  It
all started when a bunch of friends got together on IRC, but were tired of
the constant lag and netsplits and arrogant ircops of the network we met
on.  So we decided to set up our own network -- using stable FreeBSD
servers, of course! :)

Even though this started out as a private network, there's still plenty
of room for more people :)  In fact, please consider this an open
opportunity for you to come join us!  We have several well-established
channels, one of which is #FreeBSD :)  We're always looking for more
fellow FreeBSD users to chat with, so please drop on by.  And bring your
friends! :)

(Note that most of us are in PDT, and we all work/go to school during the
day, so the most active times are usually between 18:00-03:00 PDT.)

Simply point your IRC client to 'IRC.BorgChat.Net'.  Connections accepted
on ports 6660-6669.

For more info or to use our Java chat interface (so that you don't need to
set up your own IRC client), point your Web browser to
http://www.BorgChat.Net/  (please understand that this is a
work-in-progress, so don't expect anything earth-shattering yet...)

I apologize if this message is inappropriate.  Please let me know if I am
posting inappropriately, and I will not post here further.
--
Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com> Resistance is Futile | FreeBSD: The
WWW: http://www.borg-cube.com/  ICQ: UIN#16997506      | Power to