Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:26:16 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        amor@geop.ubc.ca (John Amor)
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MATLAB fails in startup

John Amor stands accused of saying:

> I am tring to get matlab to run under FreeBSD currently running;

Hi John, I got your earlier message, but haven't had a chance to reply
properly yet.

Can you tell me what the output of 'lmhostid' is on your system? (It
should have come with matlab).

Also, what sort of license are you using? (Node locked, floating, etc?)

My initial suspicion is that the license manager is having a bad day;
what does the README and the lmdiag stuff look like?