Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:47:58 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: REPLY TO in majordomo

> In this way, if the "reply to" are pointed to the mailing list then we
> save some bytes.

Those lists are broken. See <URL:
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html > for details.

> For people who archive large quantities on mailings like me, a lot of
> repeated mails are a problem.

Any reasonable mail filtering software will include the ability to
filter out duplicates. If you've reading mail on Unix, the procmail
port will do it, and the documentation includes an example. If you're
using qmail for local delivery, you can find a tool for doing that at

	<mike