Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 14:22:46 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP 2.2 Via COM3/cuaa2/sio2 Possible?

>  > [BTW, I don't believe that I can move my modem to sio0 or sio1. I opened the
>  > box to check this morning, and I don't see any way to do it.]
>
>  Sure there is.  Just boot -c and change the port/irq assignments of sio0
>  and sio1 to match sio2 and sio3 (and vice-versa).  Voila, instant
>  swap.
>
>  					Jordan
OK, I will try that this afternoon. Will I then be able to that using the
install boot floppy and dial out thereafter?

If so, this is way cool, and I retract any ill thoughts I might have had about
FreeBSD and the way it works COM3/sio2/cuaa2!  :)

Thanks for the advice.
--

Chris Booth
cbooth@onyx.interactive.net