Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:38:25 +0400
From:      "Alexey Markov" <redrat@mail.ru>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACPI errors on ASUS M5A88-M m/b

Hello, John!
On July, 12 2012 at 15:38 you wrote to freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org:

 ??>> Two days ago I have installed FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p3 amd6 on
 ??>> ASUS M5A88-M motherboard with AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor,
 ??>> and got some ACPI errors in the dmesg:

 JB> Are you seeing any functional problems or just error messages?  I
 JB> realize aibs didn't work, though it seems it simply may not support
 JB> your system.

I rebooted server from USB flash with Windows XP and installed ASUS
ProbeII, it correctly show voltage/temperature/fan values. It seems
that ASUS AI Booster in place and working in Windows. Also, manuals
for my m/b mentions AI Booster sensors too.

Except not working aibs sensors I can't see any problems yet.

 JB> The acpi_hpet1 thing just seems to be a duplicate device (acpi_hpet0
 JB> attached fine), so I believe you can most likely ignore that.

It's strange a little, why kernel trying to load second acpi_hpet0
even without aibs device? But if it harmless, I just will take no
notice of it.

--
WBR, Alexey Markov.