Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:44:22 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <mhagerty@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Article: Network performance by OS

Greetings All,

I just wanted to thank everyone for the responses!  I did not mean to start
such a debated thread.  I'm glad to have the information about why FreeBSD
place so poorly in these "idiot's" tests.  I'll have to write SysAdmin a
letter now and ask them why the hell they would publish such an article.  I
hope I'm not wasting my money subscribing to the magazine...

Again, thank you all for the information!  I have been using FreeBSD since
Release-1.1 (I downloaded the binary install disks via AOL!!) and have used
every version since.  I have also tried Solaris, Linux, BSDI, Windows, and
NetBSD, but I keep coming back to FreeBSD.  One day I hope to be able to
contribute my share as well.

Thanks,
Matthew