Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:53:12 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        lrios <lrios@ziplink.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NT

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 02:58:23PM -0400, lrios wrote:
> Heres my situation:
>
> I've installed FreeBSD on one physical disk and NT on another. I included
> boot easy with the install which should of booted either OS ?? At the
> moment I get the booteasy prompt menu with F1 going to FreeBSD and F5
> going to disk two.. When I try to select FreeBSD it simply loops to the
> same prompt.  When I try to boot off the second disk I get missing
> operating system...  Am I doing something wrong?? If so what is it and
> what can I do to correct this issue????

Did you use the same drive geometry on both disks ?
To be more specific, did you install FreeBSD with
a cooperative partitioning, which allows booting
multiple OS's ?!

During FreeBSD installation you have been prompted
for that and I hope you choosed the correct option.

Disk name:      sd0                                    FDISK Partition Editor
DISK Geometry:  2063 cyls/64 heads/32 sectors = 4225024 sectors

     Offset       Size        End     Name    PType     Desc  Subtype    Flags

!->        0         32         31        -        6   unused        0
          32    1638368    1638399    sd0s1        2      fat        6
!->  1638400    2586624    4225023    sd0s2        3  freebsd      165  C>
!->  4225024       1701    4226724        -        6   unused        0  >

Does it look like this ? Or is this a "one liner" ?
You can see this by calling /stand/sysinstall
Menue: Custom->Partition

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?