Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 07:18:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, don morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Draft of Nader letter

After reading a great discussion I would like to thank you all for lively
discussion. It is good to be back.

You can write a letter to Mr. Nader and Mr. Love saying thanks for
mentioning the alternatives, including FreeBSD. You can tell them that
FreeBSD is really behind them. It is not necessary to tell them of any
shortcomings.

You can then tell them you are in the FreeBSD camp. And tell them to keep
up the good work. We can tell them we feel that the computer industry
could user some consumer advocacy (nader's specialty). This way we can
advocate FreeBSD.

Hey, it's not necessary to complain to anyone to let them know we exist.
Notice that the above discussion doesn't point out any errors that Mr.
Nader or Mr. Love may have. It _does_ let them know that FreeBSD is out
their and that we are interested in advancing the alternative OSes.

I am getting a bit philosophic now. It is not always necessary to speak
directly of an issue for your position on that issue to be communicated.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/