Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 00:34:36 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/lkm

Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I got from 3.1-RELEASE to 3.2-STABLE fine except this:
>
> root@hawk: [8] /dev # modstat
> modstat: /dev/lkm: Device not configured
>
> root@hawk: [9] /dev # uname -a
> FreeBSD hawk.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #0: Tue May 18
> 23:15:05 EEST 1999     george@hawk.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr:/usr/src/sys/compile/ADAMO
> i386
>
> Ideas (or what should I sent to be more helpfull) ?

LKM was deprecated on 3.1. That usually means it is out by the next
version. It might just not be out, and be just a matter of compiling
a kernel with "options LKM". But you shouldn't be using it. Is there
anything you still have as a lkm only?

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."