Date:      Sat, 09 Aug 1997 15:59:41 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@mail.microserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp

>  Hi,
> I am new to bsd but have been using linux for about a year.
> I am tring to configure my ppp and am having problems.
> I have read the docs on the free bsd site and have set up my resolv.conf
> file and my ppp.conf file using pmdemand since my ISP assigns a dynamic
> number. I connect okay but cannot seem to get beyomd my ISP. My pppon changes
> to PPPon. I know what to trouble shoot in linux if this happens but
> I am not as familiar with the bsd setup.
> I would apprediate any suggestions.
> Thanks alot.

Make sure you've got "add 0 0 x.x.x.x" in your ppp.conf (don't use
HISADDR).  Also, make sure you've got "add 0 0 HISADDR" in
ppp.linkup.  Check out the up-to-date docs pointed at from
http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html.  You may also want to get the
latest version of ppp from http://www.freebsd.org/~brian.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>