Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 08:07:54 -0500
From:      Thomas J Balfe <tbalfe@tioga.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   java chat?

Has anyone tried a java chat that interfaces to a standard ircd machine? I
want one that doesn't want a big site license fee and with work with my
regular ircd box. I have found JiRC, but it probably wants some insane
licensing fee.

http://virtual.itribe.net/jirc/

It just seems weird that people want to charge for the java applet when
ircii and others are free. It seems like just having a hotlink to that
authors site would be enough, but I guess not.

Thomas J Balfe                                          tbalfe@tioga.net
President                                          http://www.tioga.net/
Tioga Communications, Inc                                   814-861-2100

   "Humanity has been compared...to a sleeper who handles matches
        in his sleep and wakes to find himself in flames."
             - H.G. Wells The World Set Free 1914