Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:25:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        Studded@dal.net
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/6039

>> Why is it that so many people transfer it in ascii mode?
> A lot of people use weird ftp clients, netscape, or something else that
> transfers in ascii by default. It would be nice if the thing gave a
> shiny warning with a hint to the correct procedure.

At work, I frequently transfer .zip files with Netscape with no
corruption.  Most people using 'weird' ftp clients (ncftp, et al)
probably know ftp well enough.  What are people using that still
transfers in ascii mode default?

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan
   Fourth law of programming: