Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:37:26 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        bapt@FreeBSD.org, petefrench@ingresso.co.uk,  petefrench@ingresso.co.uk
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11.1-PRERELEASE, waagent crashes attaching reosurce disc in Azure

Just been through the azure python code - my intiial impressin was wrong, its
not the chnage to the periphlist output which is the issue. Instead
its the fact that a simple 'devlist' now puts the pass devices first in
the list, and the azure waagent uses the first listed device when it initially
looks for the device. A simple fix for this is to reject what that call
returns and then to drop back to using periphlist, nd this is what I have done,
but it would be nice to fix it properly.

What was the reason behind the chnage of ordering anyway ? Any script
which naiively parses the output of camcontrol devlist will hit a similar
issue potentially ? It's not exactly a bug, but...

-pete.