Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:01:16 -0400
From:      Charles Reese <reese@chem.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Michael Slater <mikey@hawk.ois.net.au>
Subject:   Dialups with FreeBSD

I am using a Cyclades 16Ype board with 2.2.2R and got it to work without to
much trouble using just plain getty. I use ath &f s0=1 m \j &w to set the
modems up.  Note the \j is Motorola for fixed speed computer<->modem speed.
I think there is an error in rc.local for the Cyclades card.  The device
driver now have two digit extension ie ttyc00 and cuac00 but the rc.serial
sets up the initial states as ttyc0 and cuac0.

Cheers
Charlie Reese

>Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:03:58 +0800 (WST)
>From: Michael Slater <mikey@hawk.ois.net.au>
>To: freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
>Subject: Dialups with FreeBSD
>Sender: owner-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
>
>Hello,
>     Despite my best efforts, i have been unable to get dialups to work on
>freebsd. I earlier had a machine with a stallion 8/32 PCI adapter card,
>and using mgetty, i just could not get it to give me a login prompt. I
>assumed that it was a problem with the Stallion driver, and left it untill
>now. Having just purchased a Cyclades 32 port card, i am experiencing the
>same problems while using mgetty .. i.e no login prompt. While watching
>the log, i noticed that it seems to get stuck on  " waiting for `` " when
>a user dials in. I tried using plain getty, with fixed speed entries but
>almost all of the time the user just gets a screen full of garbage. I am
>sure i am missing something really stupid, so if someone else has had this
>trouble, i would appriciate hearing about it.
>

>thanks
>
>Michael Slater

Charles E. Reese        *                                   *
Durham, NC 27710        *   Buy      Sell     Trade    CDs  *
919-660-1585            *            NO MIDDLEMAN           *
919-544-7217            *            TOTALLY FREE           *
                        *       http://trader.ourway.com    *
reese@chem.duke.edu     *                                   *