Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 21:09:05 -0400 (AST)
From:      Christian Hochhold <expert@dusk.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp_wrappers

Evenin'

I have tcp wrappers running on my shell machine, with twist
so it displayes a nice message to any individual trying to
connect who is not in the hosts.allow file.
I've just found that hosts.allow doesn't like wildcards, as
one of my clients is part of another major ISP, and instead
of at least being able to just allow access to the pop where
he dials into, I now have to allow ALL the ISP's POP's to
connect.
Obivously this is a risk, in order to allow one person to
telnet in, I have to allow the whole nation to telnet in
as well.

I've tried (as examples)

*@pop-prov*.isp.name
pop*.isp.name
pop-prov.isp.name

to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations
as to what one can do about this?

Thank You in advance,

Christian