Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:47:23 -0500
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <detlev!joelh@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, abial@nask.pl, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF documentation

>>> As far I know, the original published ELF specs are out of print.  I
>>> can help you with it.  Briefly, an ELF file consists of:
>> Intel has them online, and I will write that man page I promised if
>> it's useful (although an info file may be better).
> If you really want to leave the manpage format, go for DocBook,
> imho.

Sorry, not familiar with it, although I'd like to know more.  (I don't
do a lot of docs.)  However, FreeBSD comes with two online readers:
man and info.  So I chose between those.  However, if you can tell me
about DocBook (an SGML format, yes?) then I'd like to look at it.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan