Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: low-cost SCSI cards??

> >      Can anyone recommend any low-end SCSI adaptors that would work
> >      with FreeBSD-4.0?   I keep buying newer hardware to fix old
> >      problem and find that the solution is not solution.  Now I'd
> >      like a 2940 clone or whatever...
> >
> >      Suggestions, please!
>
> Symbios '875 based cards (UW, PCI) were about $60 last time I looked.
> The interesting Tekram cards are Symbios based. I have been happy with
> an Asus SC875 (about $110 last time I looked) and a genuine Symbios
> card of forgotten model ($60).

	The Asus's are very good card. The only downside is a lack of
drive availabitly for Windows 98! :) (First time I've ever said that!) And
the 95 drive will not work under 98... simple enough fix though, slapped
it into one of my servers. :) Oh, and last I heard they were out of
productions. But the Tekram cards are as good.

						Rick