Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:11:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, jeker@n-r-g.com
Subject:   Re: Help needed: ALTQ integration into FreeBSD

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> >   Having the prerequisite agreement of the FreeBSD core team I'm
> > delighted to announce my intention of putting the basis of a "ALTQ
> > framework integration into FreeBSD" project.
>
> Does this mean the core team has approved the integration of ALTQ into
> FreeBSD-current?

The core team has neither approved nor rejected anything.  However, there
were a number of us who said "Yeah, we've been hoping someone would make
this happen".  Obviously, any final integration decision would be based on
having a much better idea about the positive and negative aspects of the
work.  One of the recommendations we made was that this work definitely be
done on 5.0-CURRENT, and take the fine-grained SMP work into account.  The
other recommendation we made was that this be done in careful coordination
with others working on it: there's a lot of interest in ALTQ, and existing
porting work.