Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2008 03:43:06 +0200
From:      "fluffles.net" <bsd@fluffles.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?QXNoaXNoIFNodWtsYSDgpIbgpLbgpYDgpLcg4KS24KWB4KSV4KWN4KSy?= <wahjava.ml@gmail.com>
Cc:        Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up atheros (168c:001c) wireless NIC in FreeBSD

Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल wrote:
> Sam Leffler writes:
>

>> amd64 or i386?
>>

> sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm running FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT on amd64
> architecture built from a /usr/src checked out few hours ago.

I've been having the same problems with Dell 167G USB Wlan dongle using
the "rum" driver. Also recent 8-CUR amd64.
I cannot do a SSID scan because it returns me:
ifconfig: unable to get scan results

Just like you. So this appears not to be related to the actual ath driver.
Hope any knows about a workaround or solution.

Regards,
Veronica