Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 20:12:49 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Subject:   Re: silo overflows (Was Re: 3.0-RELEASE?)

> > Shall we say that slagging the 'sio' driver certainly isn't the best way
> > to start?
>
> I have been preached to frequently on this list.  Now is my turn;  Raising
> an issue with a piece of code is NOT criticism of the author, nor of the
> maintainer, nor of the project's qulity of management.  It is simply an

Uh, the original issue was "the sio driver emits this annoying
message that it didn't used to which means it must have been broken".

I'm simply trying to point out that a) the issue isn't that simple and
b) plenty of people are aware of it.  If/when someone finds something
that's fixable and causes these symptoms, plenty of us would just love
to stomp all over the problem.

If I've been too rough in doing that, my apologies.