Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:17:42 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Paul Scherf <PaulS@midstream.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree 4.3.0 and NVidia binary drivers

Paul Scherf wrote:
> I updated to XFree 4.3 recently. I could not get the nv driver to work. The
> server would crash, before it got all the way running. I tried the vesa
> driver and the vga driver and it seems to run, although I imagine it isn't
> taking advantage of hardware acceleration.
>
> I'm running 5.0-CURRENT (as of about a week ago). Maybe some models of
> NVidia cards work and others don't. My display card is one of the older
> cards supported by the nv driver.

Thanks for the update, but I was more interested in the 'nvidia' driver
instead of the 'nv' driver.  Actually, you may want to try the 'nvidia'
driver since the 'nv' one doesn't work for you.

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer