Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:37:45 +0200
From:      Peter Maloney <peter.maloney@brockmann-consult.de>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd file system corruption in ZFS pool

On 04/24/2012 04:30 PM, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> ZFS filesystem version 5
> ZFS storage pool version 28
Is there anything special about your pool? Was it created in an old
FreeBSD and upgraded? Was it send/recv'd from OpenSolaris? etc.

So far the only corruption I had was the result of installing FreeBSD on
a 4 GB USB flash stick. It had no redundancy, and within a few months,
some files were spontaneously broken.

And in that one instance I found that move, copy, etc. on broken files
reported by zpool status -v will always fail. Only "rm" worked for me.
So I suggest you try rmdir or rm -r.