Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:42:26 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Pratt, Benjamin E." <bepratt@stcloudstate.edu>
Subject:   Re: 5.3-BETAx Boot Problems

--nextPart5510702.IfkKrttLxr

Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2004 18:53 schrieb Pratt, Benjamin E.:
> Hello, I am still trying to get FreeBSD Beta to work but am running into
> problems when my system boots.  The boot problem appears to be occurring
> just
> after the IDE drives are detected but before the root file system is
> mounted.
> These are the last four lines of text that are displayed when I try to
> boot
> from either ISO or after running CVSUP:
>
>   md0: Preloaded image </boot/mfsroot> 4423680 bytes at 0xc09b6c5c
>   ad0: 29314MB <IC35L030AVV207-0/V21OA66A> [59560/16/63] at ata0-master
> UDMA66
>   ATAPI_RESET time =3D 1630us
>   acd0: CDRW <Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9100/1.0c> at ata1-master
> UDMA33

It's possibly a bug in the new fdc code. I also have one system with a flop=
py=20
which stops booting since beta6. Just remove device fdc from the kernel (or=
=20
try to disable the Floppy Controller in the BIOS) and see if that helps.=20
Hadn't have time yet to look at -current if this bug is known and if=20
applicable create a PR.

=2DMano